CAD Engineering Aide
Vicor is expanding to vertically integrate core printed circuit board operations. As such, we are seeking a candidate to assist in establishing front end operations (specific knowledge related to LED imaging, CAD based programming, optical measurement systems and handling equipment automation). This role will require that the candidate spend the first 3-4 months offsite at a strategic partner in NH/NY training on the processes and equipment to be run on Vicor product. The candidate will then be responsible for managing the setup of the equipment and processes back at the Vicor facility located in Andover, MA.
Key areas of Knowledge and Responsibility:
- Spend 3-4 months working w/ the offsite existing front-end team learning the current CAD package tooling process, scripts, tools etc. to allow for process transfer and vertical integration.
- Manage daily tooling of all Vicor data packages post transfer and internalization
- Capable of using Mentor Graphics or Valor to create ODB++ output layers for:
- Image system file creation
- AOI system file creation and location isolation
- Soldermask image file polarity and creation
- Using Valor create production yield optimization scripts for:
- Etch factor
- Layer scaling
- Fixture multi-up imaging
- Acute angle / pin hole Cu repair
- Create ERF requirements and run dxf reports against layer specific artwork
- Resolve all DXF violations w/ the engineering teams.
- Create part specific first article documentation highlighting
- Critical nets to for line width and space measurements
- Process notes
- Create part specific traveler documentation showing:
- Process routing
- Process/location specific requirements (ie electrolytic Cu thickness, plating recipe selection, etc)
- Take over and maintain daily data transmission and DFM with the current offsite front-end team.
- Establish change order/revision controls and a process to document all front-end modifications.
- Determine and implement any additional software and hardware tools necessary to establish the front-end tooling within Vicor
- Manage all front-end operations to support all elements of production
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ mechanical technician experience or equivalent
- A.S Degree or Certification required
- Minimum of 3 – 5 year’s CAD Design experience
- Demonstrated capability in establishing front end tools and scripts.
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Ability to successfully train production personnel
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application