Waste Treatment Engineer
Vicor is currently expanding to vertically integrate core printed circuit board operations. As such, we are seeking a candidate to lead:
- The integration and qualification of a zero discharge waste treatment facility
- Developing and managing a team to support all waste treatment related activities
This role will require that the candidate spend the first 2-3 months offsite at a strategic partner in Charlestown, NH training on the process that will ultimately be implemented in the Andover operations. The candidate will then be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the equipment and processes within the Andover facility.
- Manage the implementation and startup of the full zero discharge waste stream facility
- Oversee equipment installation, startup and qualification testing
- Spend 2-3 months at a strategic partner in NH training on the process in preparation for implementing a similar/duplicate process at the Andover facility
- Daily operation and oversight of waste streams that isolate:
- Heavy metals (Cu/Acid bearing waste streams)
- Organics (dry films, solder mask)
- Clean water streams (pH adjust)
- Crystal/Salt Evaporation
- Operate/Maintain all equipment in support of the above streams
- Filter press
- DI / RO columns
- Sludge streams/ sludge removal
- DI water regeneration / conductivity monitoring
- Evaporation of Stage 1 / Stage 2 processes
- Cu etch regeneration and recovery
- Daily makeup tank chemical transfer for all wet process chemistry
- Respirator usage required
- Manage recyclables and non-hazardous waste:
- of all spent chemical drums
- Organic/Metal non-hazardous waste
- Support equipment installation, qualification and startup in Andover
- Map and control all waste streams for volume, treatment controls
- Responsible for hazardous chemical and spill response
- Oversee all regulations relative to the handling and offsite disposal of non-hazardous waste streams
- Support all testing for waste stream classification
- Day to day direct oversight of waste treatment technicians
- Manage all required training and personnel activities
- Responsible for all daily maintenance, cleaning and equipment service protocols
- Forklift/trainer certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivelant.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience working in waste treatment. Experience pertaining to a printed circuit board fabrication process is preferred.
- Hazmat training and experience.
- Ability to successfully train production personnel
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application